Yesterday I got discouraged after reading a passage from the book I was reading. It spoke about reaching the lost and how God's Spirit within a true believer puts a cry for the people around us. Nicky started to explain how a true believer's call in their life is to reach the lost. He then spoke about how majority of Christians aren't doing just that mainly because they're either embarrassed by their faith, afraid they either may say something wrong or they simply don't know how to. He also went on saying how he felt bad for those Christians who are afraid to share their faith to people they're around at their jobs, their schools, and their community. Reading that I felt discouraged mainly due to my own failed efforts as well as my short comings of denying the Truth of God from the friends and people around me. I started to think about my efforts at school few years back and how God gave me an amazing opportunity to share to almost all of my class mates one by one during my summer classes. Some didn't accept what I was saying maybe because I said something wrong or it was just too hard to digest, but I was able to bring one person back to God. At times I felt like I can accomplish more which sometimes made me feel discouraged because I set my goals based on what my expectations were. One problem I had was comparing my call to others which always discouraged me because I felt at times others were doing much more than I was and I wanted so badly to do just as much or even more. But these past 2 and a half years I wasn't able to do anything. If anything I put shame to God's name showing people that God isn't everything I thought He was when He really was. I've always had that burning desire to share God's love and let someone feel and see what I see. I think there really is no greater joy then to see someone's eyes behold their Savior in His never ending love, mercy and amazing forgiveness. One thing that has stuck in my mind from this book was a statement that Nicky wrote. He stated that God is with us through our failures and successes. That's something I seem to forget when I get discouraged. That through my success He's there but also in failure He's there. As a Christian, we need to understand and realize God is there regardless of the situation, whether we failed or not. It's hard to share God's love with someone but the only way anyone can start or go ahead doing so is by prayer. You just can't throw yourself into a situation. Everything starts and ends with prayer. This is something that I'm realizing once more that I have to start doing. Prayers is where it starts, when we pray we fight the spiritual battle and prepare ourselves for what's to come and how we move towards God's will. If one thing, we need not to be discouraged. Discouragement will lead us to doing something that we shouldn't do, something that I felt all of last night. God will always surely make a way someway somehow, because you know what? He does every single time!
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment