Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Re-igniting Passion

- "God sometimes sends strangers to re-ignite a passion in our hearts by His Spirit for His call" Nicky Cruz

In my case it was a little girl I met in Argentina. The whole trip I felt useless due to the language barrier especially after watching people on my team experiencing a touch by the Argentinian people. My heart and in my mind I asked God to give me a chance to have that type of experience. Of all the days, the day we depart is the day I had my experience. We were shopping by the street market and in my head I thought I was going to keep my money and later convert it. Little did I know my plan ended up changing by God's own design. My friend was short 20 pesos so in kindness I gave him my 100$ peso bill and he handed me 80$ pesos in 4 seperate 20$ peso bills. So we cross the street and I see a little girl in the middle of the street in between 2 cars. My first thought was, "what is she doing there? Is she lost or something?". Then I realized she was begging for money. She then came over to us and we gave her our spare change. I noticed that she had no shoes on and her feet were bare. This broke my heart. I leaned over to my friend and I was like I feel so bad for this girl and he comes out and tells me give her one of your 20$ pesos. I did exactly that. I ran over to her with my usual large smile and handed her the bill. She looked at me in awe and I felt it in her voice when she replied thank you in Spanish. I couldn't explain the feeling. It was just overwhelming. On the plane ride back I couldn't stop thinking about her, I wanted so badly to take her home so I could take care of her. This experience really reignited my passion to help the poor and needy. I've felt it from the start this is what I've wanted to do. This was truly and amazing experience and forever blessed that God brought this little child to do something in my heart once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment