Friday, March 20, 2009

Rely On God and Not Your Own Emotions

This week alone has just been a whirlwind of emotions.  I was just going through a lot especially at work.  Things got to the point where I got so frustrated I let my frustrations get the best of me and my anger came out on someone at work.  I got so caught up that in my heart I felt guilty for what I did and for awhile I was quite angry but I felt no peace.  After awhile, I picked up the book I was reading and as soon as I started to read, something within my heart spoke to me saying, "apologize".  As soon as I heard that I waited for everyone to leave and that person was there and I apologized and right after she smiled and apologized and immediately I felt back at peace within my heart.  It was just hard to remind myself not to rely on my emotions but to rely on God and his Spirit to continue to guide me even when my emotions make me feel something that makes me sense something is wrong.  If there's one thing I've learned is that when you rely on your emotions you tend to be let down.  Our emotions can sometimes get the best of us and it can drag us down to the point where it makes us feel as if something's wrong when it really isn't.  It's hard when you feel that God isn't there when He really is, but that's where our faith comes to play.  If we simply believe by faith God is there, it will allow us to forsake our emotions and to trust and rely on God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment